Sunday, March 1, 2015

Zhuhai to Kaiping - Day 24

May 19, 2014

Our last day in Zhuhai was a sweaty one. We had to wake up early so that we can go to the "Fiser girl" attraction/ mermaid statue near our hotel. We decided to walk there. It was approximately a 15-20 minutes walk in the sun with basically no shade. It was unbelievably hot that day. I wore a thin short-sleeved blouse our my tank top and for the bottoms, short-shorts. Mid-way through our walk across the Haibin park, I had to take my blouse off cause it was too HOT

The Haibin park is extremely big. There's also a lot of attractions such as playgrounds, water sports, statues, rides, etc. And there's a LOT of trees. Trees. 


 Playground for kids. Damn.

 LOOKIE THERE. There's that water rolly thing.Lots so fun!

 A nice little pavilion with a guy playing the flute while his little puppy runs about.

 "Friendship park"
I'm not too sure.. but this friendship park looks like it's for dead people...tombstones...(;꒪ö꒪)

It was so difficult to cross the street to the other side cause the cars doesn't stop. But the view is so pretty. 


 Once you cross over to the other side. GORGEOUS!
 Fisher Girl Statue

As I approached the Mermaid statue, I saw a hobo asking for money from Chinese tourists. He was literally following one specific person until they gave him money and from what I saw, he was only asking the females.
I was desperately trying to avoid him, but in the end I was eyed by him. He started following me with his bowl and asking me for money and saying "you're so pretty" in Mandarin. NO. I told him "no Chinese" and he seemed  more eager to follow me. Argh. This totally ruined my time at this attraction. I had to leave cause he won't stop following me. Punch him in the face. I didn't, but I wanted to.


For lunch we went to a nearby mall with a fast food restaurant? Well, not really nearby, my memories are kind of hazy by this point. It was a big restaurant, but many many empty seats. I think there were only 3 patrons. LOL. Breakfast cost 71 RMB ($14 CND)

 I ordered this. I wanted to try the Chinese doughnut and the onigiri thing. The onigiri wasn't good, it was bland and cold.
The desert- mediocre, not what I expected. It was not sweet, but at least it was cold.
Weird stuff outside the restaurant.


Since today was the day we had to leave to go back to kaiping, we had to go back to the bus terminal place which I totally ain't sure where it is, I think it was around the Gongbei border. Well, we bought our tickets and left our luggage there since we don't want to carry it and they had luggage storage but you have to pay. We did some shopping at the Port Plaza and then it was almost time to board the bus and we had no idea which exit to take. So once we were outside we had to run around finding the terminal place to take the bus. Once we found the bus terminal, my mother asked if a worker if the bus to Kaiping was here and apparently this was the wrong place. We were running around trying to locate the other bus terminal since all of the terminals look alike, and once we found it, we were drenched in sweat. I hate this. No sense of directions, no ability to memorize surroundings and buildings, no Mandarin, and no AC. (╬ಠ益ಠ)

The bus ride back to Kaiping was around 2-3 hours long. No washroom break. It was night time by the time we got back. Long day. The garments in Zhuhai are definitely more modern and stylish than the ones in Kaiping. Also, they have a bigger selection of shoes and sizes. OH YEAH, size 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment