Monday, March 2, 2015

Kaiping - Day 25 to 28

May 20, 2014

This would be our final day to relax in Kaiping. In the early morning we went to eat dim sum AGAIN. When in China, eat dim sum.This dim sum place have some fancy looking table wares and teapots giving it the traditional feel. Dim sum here cost us 204 RMB ($40 CND), pricier than those other ones. I hate how everybody smokes while eating in Kaiping. Dude. My health at stake here.


























































Aw. Such a cute looking bun.

After dim sum, my mom, me and my sister went to the travel agency to look at tickets to the Chimelong Safari Park in Guangzhou. Well, we needed to buy the tickets that day so that we can head out the next couple of days. Tickets for 3 people cost 777 RMB (~$155 CND), which include the ride from Kaiping to Chimelong Zoo and back. The catch with the ticket is that they must reach a certain amount of people to board the bus or else they would have to postpone or cancel the tickets.

After we left the travel agency,  a strong gust of wind passed by and everything started flying. You see newspapers and garbage being picked up by the wind and circling the air.
 The mess the wind made. Garbage everywhere.  

 Overseas Chinese Building - place my grandpa used to work at. - Now, the bottom floor is totally empty.

My mother went out for dinner with her friends, so me, my sister, my grandma and my aunt went out for dinner too. Initially we thought about going to the same place that my mother went to to eat but what if we bump into each other, it would be awkward. So we just went to a nearby restaurant. We didn't know what to eat so we just ordered whatever. They don't have a menu, so you have to tell them what you want or you can just ask for recommendations. My aunt actually worked here before so she knew a lot of the staffs.  The salted chicken tasted pretty good. Dinner cost 123 RMB (~$23 CND)


May 21, 2014

I chilled at home almost all day and then during the night we went shopping at the Kaiping Tourist Shopping Street again, Muyong West Road. It's very lively at night and the shops open late too. Got a mcflurry for myself 12 RMB. Socks are so cheap, 20 RMB for 6!!! And they are soooo CUTE. 


May 22, 2014

My grandma invited her coworker, a doctor and her family, to dinner. They worked together many many years ago, my grandma as a nurse and her coworker as a doctor, in the hospital. We reserved a private room with h a television and a private washroom. The whole restaurant was empty and we were the only one there, it was so eerie.   

 Waiting for the guests to arrive. Why does the washroom have to be a squatter???!
I can tell you that it was a very expensive dinner. Abalone, shrimp, crabs/lobster, a bunch of meat, etc. When you eat with the wealthy, you have to pretend you're wealthy too. I cry for my grandma's and mother's wallet. Our guest include 2 doctors, a husband and two kids and us, a group of 5.

In the end, we all went over to their apartment and WOW, it's so pretty and spacious inside. Very very nice. Everybody saw us off, except the kids; and my grandma and the doctor (around ~70-80- both around the same age too) were holding hands as they walked. How cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment